Search by Topic:

I can't afford to make energy improvements to my home. Are there programs available for assistance in making my house more energy efficient? Follow

The National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR) project is a free service for people who want information on where to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which may pay a portion of the energy bills of eligible low-income persons or refer people to local weatherization assistance programs.
You can also send an email to NEAR at energyassistance@ncat.org - please include your city, county and state. Or, call NEAR toll-free at 1-866-674-6327 for energy assistance referral.


You can also check with your state or local utility for possible energy efficiency rebates. Check the ENERGY STAR Rebate Finder or the Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency.


Keep in mind, energy efficiency improvements are usually cost effective. For a list of low and no cost improvements you can make in every room of your house, visit the Energy Savings at Home section of the ENERGY STAR website.


Neither the U.S. EPA or the national ENERGY STAR program offer financial assistance to consumers for making energy efficiency improvements to homes.

Have more questions? Submit a request