Look for your contractor to perform the following types of activities to keep your system running effectively:
- checking thermostat setting
- tightening all electrical connections
- measuring voltage and current on motors
- lubricating all moving parts
- inspecting the condensate drain
- checking system controls
- cleaning and adjusting blower components
- inspecting, cleaning or changing the air filter
- checking all gas or oil connections & pressure
- checking burner combustion and draft, and heat exchangers (on furnaces)
- cleaning indoor and outdoor coils
- checking refrigerant charge (on air conditioning).
Visit ENERGY STAR Heating and Cooling for more information.