Search by Topic:

As an ENERGY STAR home builder, what options do I have for verifying the energy performance of my homes? Follow

To earn the ENERGY STAR, a home must be independently verified by a Home Energy Rater (also called a HERS rater). The rater can use either a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) rating or an EPA-approved Builder Option Package (BOP).  In either case, the home must be performance tested. Large production builders may also be able to take advantage of an established sampling protocol in having their homes qualified. You can search the New Homes Partner Locator  for ENERGY STAR Home Energy Raters by state.

Have more questions? Submit a request