Search by Topic:

My ENERGY STAR Certified Home is not comfortable and I have higher utility bills than I expected. What can I do? Follow

Your first step should be to contact your builder and ask them to address the problems, as you would any other construction problem found in your home during the warranty period. Ask the builder to provide a Home Energy Rating (HERS) report to document the features that are supposed to be in your home.

If you believe your ENERGY STAR Certified Home was does not meet ENERGY STAR program requirements, please contact us at energystarhomes@energystar.gov and let us know. Be prepared to provide us with documentation that the home is ENERGY STAR  certified or was sold to you as such.

Have more questions? Submit a request