Search by Topic:

What tax credits are available? Follow

Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 (BBA), signed February 9, 2018, reinstated the nonbusiness energy property credit for 2017, and it reinstated the residential energy efficient property credit for qualified small wind energy property costs, qualified geothermal heat pump property costs, and qualified fuel cell property costs to the end of 2021. You may claim these credits on your 2017 tax return if you otherwise meet the criteria. If you have already filed your return, you will need to file an amended return (Form 1040X) to claim these credits. See the IRS Tax Form 5695 Instructions for more information.

For any updates on tax credits visit ENERGY STAR’s Federal Income Tax Credits Page.

In addition to federal tax credits, local rebates and offers may be available in your area. That information is available through the ENERGY STAR Rebate Finder, where you can enter your zip code to find rebates and other offers available in your area.

Please note, neither the ENERGY STAR program nor the US EPA has any role in setting, implementing, or managing the Federal Tax Credits. Federal Tax Credit amounts are set by the US Congress and are managed by the IRS, who offers a toll free hotline for assisting individuals at 1-800-829-1040.


Have more questions? Submit a request