Search by Topic:

What tax credits are available? Follow

For 2018: There are tax credits for certain:

  • Geothermal Heat Pumps
  • Small wind turbines (residential)
  • Solar Energy Systems (including solar water heaters)
  • Fuel Cells

ENERGY STAR provides some information about federal tax credits for energy efficiency (see: Federal Income Tax Credits),  but the tax credits are administered by the IRS.

Please contact the IRS with your question:

For 2017: Tax credits for these items expired at the end of 2017:

  • Air Source Heat Pumps
  • Central Air Conditioning (CAC)
  • Gas, Propane, and Oil Hot Water Boiler
  • Gas, Propane, and Oil Furnaces and Fans
  • Water Heaters (non-solar)
  • Advanced Main Air Circulating Fan
  • Biomass Stove
  • Insulation
  • Roofs (Metal and Asphalt)

In addition to federal tax credits, local rebates and offers may be available in your area. Check the ENERGY STAR Rebate Finder, where you can enter your zip code to find rebates and other offers  in your area. You may also want to contact your local utility or state energy office about any available incentives or programs.

  • Windows, Doors, and Skylights
Have more questions? Submit a request